There’s nothing quite like a bush flying safari in Africa. You can see the wildlife up close and personal, and get a real sense of the continent’s wild places.
Some of the best and luxurious ways of exploring Africa is through a flying safari. You can get to see landscapes and wildlife that you would never be able to see from the ground.
One of the best things about a bush flying safari is that you can get to places that are otherwise inaccessible. You can land in the middle of nowhere and get a real sense of the wild places of Africa.
If you’re looking for an African adventure that is truly unique, a bush flying safari is the way to go.
But there are a few things you need to know before you go on such a safari. Here are some tips:
1. Make sure you use a reputable company. There are many fly-by-night operators out there, so do your research before you book.
2. You’ll need to be in good physical shape. A bush flying safari is a luxury vacation – but you’ll be spending long days in the air and on the ground, often in remote areas.
3. Be prepared for some rugged conditions. Expect five-star accommodations and fine dining but you are still in Africa so expect some rugged conditions even as you will be pampered by luxury.
4. Be prepared for some long days. A bush flying safari could involve early morning and late evening flights, with a lot of time spent in between on game drives.
Bush Flying Safari Experiences
A Helicopter Flight over Victoria Falls – One of the most popular bush flying safari experiences is a helicopter flight over Victoria Falls. You’ll get unparalleled views of one of the world’s most spectacular waterfalls, and you may even see some wildlife from the air.
A Hot Air Balloon Ride over the Serengeti – Another popular bush flying safari experience is a hot air balloon ride over the Serengeti. You’ll float above the plains of this famed African wildlife reserve, and you may even see some of the animals below.
A Private Plane Tour of Kruger National Park – If you want to really get away from it all, a private plane tour of Kruger National Park is the way to go. You’ll have the entire park to yourself, and you can even land in the middle of the bush to get up close and personal with the wildlife.
A Flight Seeing Tour of Mount Kilimanjaro – For a bird’s eye view of one of Africa’s most iconic landmarks, take a flightseeing tour of Mount Kilimanjaro. You’ll get incredible views of the snow-capped peak, and you may even see some wildlife along the way.
Fly In Safaris
Fly in safaris are safaris that use aircraft to your safari destination instead of going there by other means such as by road or rail. Many tour operators will include the costs of your flights, however it’s always worth checking before you book.
There are many advantages of taking a fly in safari:
- You can reach very remote areas that would otherwise be inaccessible.
- You can spend more time on the ground enjoying your safari, as you don’t have to spend time travelling to your destination.
- You can tailor your itinerary to include multiple safari destinations, as you’re not restricted by road or rail routes.
- You can avoid long and tiring road journeys.
However, there are a few things to bear in mind when booking a fly in safari:
- The cost of your flights will usually be additional to the cost of your safari.
- Air flight cost more in than using road or other means of transport to get to your safari destination.
- You will need to factor in the time it takes to fly to your destination when planning your safari.
- Your luggage allowance may be restricted on flights, so you’ll need to pack light.
- But if you’re looking for a truly unique African safari experience, a fly in safari is the way to go.
If you are looking for an African bush flying safari Talk to us, we would be more than happy to assist you in planning the perfect safari.